Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Peppermint featured designer:Josean Vargas


I met Josean through one of my best buddies. He was introduced to me as " Josean loves to make clothing and accessories too". Of course, we hit it off right away. Born in Puerto Rico, Josean studied Elementary Teaching at the University of Puerto Rico, Ponce.

Josean's love for fashion started when he was very young and at age 16 started experimenting with sewing after buying a sewing machine for his mother.

By 24 he was making dresses for beauty pageants. To further his passion, he took a fashion design course at Sor Isolina Ferre Centers in Ponce, Puerto Rico.

Work brought him to Rochester and when I met Josean, he was sporting the most colorful and wellcrafted bow tie I had ever seen. Josean mentioned how he got into bow tie making when he found office appropriate clothing but couldn’t find any appropriate accessories to go with the same.

I encourage Josean to make a whole bunch for Peppermint and he quickly made 15 for the store. Till date we have sold 3 and they are incredibly popular. Come on in and check them out yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment